maandag 5 november 2012

mix/media books

processing
I started to make some books last year as a time killer for the slow internet. These little books are made from one piece of paper, to be folded like a meander which you can find on some youtube films. I have stitch all kind of fabrics on them. Scraps from my nunofelting, scraps of tshirts, doilies, my old and used cleaningtissue for the kitchen, sometimes findings on the fleemarkets, everything which can give me interesting textures and memories. These mix/media books are my works to play with, to be free with the running stitch, to make crosses whenever my needle wants to. And when I think it is enough, I give it colour with some mordant and leaves. This is just the beginning of something new. I hope I can make time to explore this more. I like the works of Tracey Willans, She is very inspiring and shows some interesting techniques on her blog. I hope we can meet eachother someday...

one of the pages
one of the pages
one of the pages

12 books, exhibited at the Art as a Present, Galery Fort aan de Drecht, Uithoorn
Vorig jaar ben ik begonnen met het maken van deze boekjes om de tijd te vullen terwijl het internet langzaam van het ene naar het andere plekje surfde. Ze zijn gemaakt van een stuk papier. Op youtube vind je allerlei filmpjes in het maken van zulke meanderboekjes. Ik heb ze van 6 pagina´s en van 16 pagina´s. Daarop heb ik van alles met de hand erop gestikt, stukjes zijde die over zijn van het vilten, kleine haakwerkjes, stukken oude vaatdoek, vondsten van de rommelmarkt, alles wat een interessante textuur of een speciale herinnering zou kunnen geven. Het zijn mijn spele-boekjes, waar ik vrij kan rijgen, kruissteken zetten op plaatsen waar mijn naald dat wilt. Het begin van iets nieuws, maar dat tijd nodig heeft om verder te ontwikkelen en te rijpen. Ik ben destijds geinspireerd geraakt door Tracy Willans. Ik hoop dat we elkaar in de toekomst nog een keer zullen ontmoeten ...

framing gives it something special

7 opmerkingen:

  1. These are so refined and exquisite!

    You are a super maker, if I may put it in this way!

    xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Absolutely beautiful...Janet

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Piece of art! Framed ones are perfect! I admire your works so much. You're inspiring.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. ze zijn erg mooi Dorie...........
    XXXm

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I want to have a 'like-button' but there is no one. Thank you Elena, Lori, Terrie and Martine for your lovely comments. It makes me happy again!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day!
    Obat Stroke Alami

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen